Building Better Opportunities (BBO) brings together funding from the Big Lottery Fund (BLF) and the European Social Fund (ESF) to help tackle the poverty and social exclusion faced by the most disadvantaged people in England.
By joining up with ESF, we’ll be able to double the impact of Lottery money at local level and offer a route to European funding for organisations that may have found it difficult to access it in the past.
Support to Understand Your Money (SUM)
This project is led by Voluntaryworks Ltd and supported by partners working across the SEMLEP area.
- ‘Support to Understand your Money,’ (SUM) will help participants to manage the impact of welfare reform and focus on addressing the root causes of poverty.
- The programme will enable participants to understand their financial responsibilities and how they can enhance their prospects and manage their resources
- The offer will develop participants to have a better understanding of their financial position that will enable them to progress into training and work
To do this we will offer participants:
- An initial assessment with a dedicated Personal Adviser
- Ongoing support from their adviser throughout their journey on the project
- Develop their own Individual Action Plan that identifies their barriers, issues and needs to move forward and progress
- Offer and run training sessions on money management, IT, benefits and employability skills
- Offer 1:1 mentoring to those requiring additional support (specialist support partner – mentoring and counselling)
- Support to move back into learning and work
- receive a minimum of 450 referrals
- 400 enrolling onto the programme receiving support
- 350 complete a programme of personalised support
- 175 are able to actively job search
- 46 move into education or training upon completion of their programme
- 95 supported to move into work with 60 gaining sustainable employment
There are 12 delivery partners of BBO Support into Employment in Luton and Bedfordshire:
|Delivery Partner||Participant Group||Delivery Area|
|CAB Corby & Kettering||All CAB clients||Corby & Kettering|
|CAB Buckingham, Winslow & District||All CAB clients||Buckingham, Winslow & District|
|CAB Central & East Northamptonshire||All CAB clients||Central & East Northamptonshire|
|CAB Milton Keynes||All CAB clients||Milton Keynes|
|CAB Leighton Linslade||All CAB clients||Leighton Linslade|
|Centre for Youth and Community Development (CYCD)||Youth||Bedford|
|MIND BLMK||People with MH issues||Luton and Bedford|
|Disability Resource Centre||People with disabilities||Luton, Central Beds, Bedford|
|Aldwyck Housing Association||Housing Association clients||Central Beds and Bedford|
|Bedford Pilgrims Housing Association||Housing Association clients||Bedford|
The project will be delivered in the SEMLEP area from 1 October 2016 until 31 March 2019.
Coordinator & Contact
For more information please contact: